Our wonderful school houses approximately 340 students in grades 6-8. Our students are with us during a time when they are transitioning into adolescence and are experiencing significant changes academically, socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually. Our goal is to provide a learning environment in which all students have opportunities and support to reach their full potential. This is a shared responsibility between, students, parents and school staff and the community at large.
Woodbury Middle School puts learners at the center of all of our work by supporting strong instruction, rich curriculum aligned with state standards and a variety of learning experiences which foster critical thinking and 21st century skills. We are also able to provide technology to all students through our 1:1 device initiative. This allows students to learn and interact beyond the classroom and to collaborate with others in ways which connects them to their world.
Our guiding beliefs are:
- All learners are entitled to diverse, meaningful learning opportunities in a challenging, relevant, and authentic environment which fosters critical thinking skills.
- Communication and collaboration among teachers, parents and students is crucial to the growth and success of all.
- A positive learning environment is one in which all community members are responsible for being safe, responsible, caring, honest and respectful.
- All learners need and deserve an environment where positive relationships are fostered, supported and respected.
- Constructive, timely feedback, helps all learners grow and improve
You are invited to learn more about Woodbury Middle School by exploring our new website. There is an area designated for news about our school complete with pictures, slide shows and student work.
Thank you for your continued support.