Scholarship and Financial Aid
Scholarship money is "free money" that does not typically need to be repaid. Most scholarships are awarded competitively and are based on need, merit (achievement in academics or another area such as athletics or music), or some combination of need and merit.
Scholarships are available for students. For a complete list of scholarships please view the scholarship opportunities below.
Scholarship offerings are available to senior students graduating in June of 2016.
Please use the Scholarships Cover Letter unless otherwise specified, to apply for all scholarships. In addition, check criteria column for any supplemental information necessary. Scholarship applicants should follow instructions on the cover letter and instructions link below. Contact the NHS School Counseling office at 203-263-0253 with any questions.
Please note for those applying to Woodbury Scholarship Dollars for Scholars, no general application is necessary.
Please note: Scholarships and monetary amounts may vary depending on funds available. It is the student's/parent's responsibility to complete and turn in all necessary documentation to the NHS Counseling Office (unless otherwise specified).
- Local Scholarship Opportunities - Coming January 2019
- Cover Letter and Instructions Sheet
- General Application
- Bethlehem Fair Foundation Application
- Bethlehem Land Trust Application
- Woodbury Junior Women's Club Application
- Woodbury Lions Club Application
- Woodbury Scholarship Dollars for Scholars must be completed on line
- Connecticut Community Foundation
- Financial aid for women and minority students
- Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship
- Big Y Scholarship - All Big Y scholarships recognize academic merit and achievement. They are awarded to the most academically outstanding students in the Big Y market area. There are awards for both traditional and nontraditional students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Jane Doe No More Scholarship
- Naval ROTC Scholarship - Eligible students can get $180,000 over 4 years for Naval and Marine Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarships.
- Aspirations in Computing High School Award - Deadline is November 6.
The Award for Aspirations in Computing honors young women at the high-school level for their computing-related achievements and interests. Any US high school woman in grades 9 through 12 is eligible to apply. Award recipients are selected based on their aptitude and interest in technology and computing, leadership ability, academic history, and plans for post-secondary education. To apply, students must go to this link: Aspirations in Computing High School Award
College Specific Scholarship Information
- FIDM - For students attending FIDM - FIDM Scholarships (no deadline indicated on form)
Financial Aid Information
The financial aid application, the FAFSA has been released and can be completed for the new academic year. Families needing assistance completing the FAFSA or have financial aid questions are encouraged to contact the NHS School Counseling Office.
- Value of Bank Accounts
- Value of Investment
- Value of Business (if over 100 Full Time Employees)
- Bring 2017 Fed Tax Return and W2s