Scholarship money is "free money" that does not typically need to be repaid. Most scholarships are awarded competitively and are based on need, merit (achievement in academics or another area such as athletics or music), or some combination of need and merit.
Scholarships are available for senior students. For a complete list of scholarships please view the scholarship opportunities below.
Please use the Scholarships Cover Letter unless otherwise specified, to apply for all scholarships. In addition, check criteria column for any supplemental information necessary. Scholarship applicants should follow instructions on the cover letter and instructions link below. Contact the NHS School Counseling office at (203) 263-0253 with any questions.
Please note for those applying to Woodbury Scholarship Dollars for Scholars, no general application is necessary.
Please note: Scholarships and monetary amounts may vary depending on funds available. It is the student's/parent's responsibility to complete and turn in all necessary documentation to the NHS Counseling Office (unless otherwise specified).
- Local Scholarship Opportunities
- Cover Letter and Instruction Sheet
- General Application (Word Doc)
- Bethlehem Fair Foundation Application
- Bethlehem Land Trust Application
- Woodbury Junior Women's Club Application
- Woodbury Lions Club Application
- Woodbury Scholarship Dollars for Scholars must be completed on line
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Please click here for a list of other scholarship opportunities. This list is updated regularly so please check back often.
National FFA Scholarship Catalog
State and National Organizations that offer scholarships
- Connecticut Community Foundation
- Financial aid for women and minority students
- Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship
- Big Y Scholarship - All Big Y scholarships recognize academic merit and achievement. They are awarded to the most academically outstanding students in the Big Y market area. There are awards for both traditional and nontraditional students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Jane Doe No More Scholarship
- Naval ROTC Scholarship - Eligible students can get $180,000 over 4 years for Naval and Marine Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarships.
- Aspirations in Computing High School Award - Deadline is November 6.
The Award for Aspirations in Computing honors young women at the high-school level for their computing-related achievements and interests. Any US high school woman in grades 9 through 12 is eligible to apply. Award recipients are selected based on their aptitude and interest in technology and computing, leadership ability, academic history, and plans for post-secondary education. To apply, students must go to this link: Aspirations in Computing High School Award