Good afternoon, Nonnewaug High School parents and guardians:
Just a few reminders as we head toward the end of the year:
Senior exams begin on Monday, June 13th - Students must be in their classrooms on time for their exams.
All other students will begin exams on Monday, June 20th. Exam Schedule
- Parents, we need your help emphasizing the importance of being to class on time.
- Exams will begin at the time they are scheduled.
- Late arrivals will have to report to the office. It is a disruption to others who have already begun their exams when students enter the room late.
- Additionally, some exams include a teacher-directed portion that would require a student to return at another time to complete if they arrive late.
- Please note students are expected to take their exams at designated times.
- Final exams will not be rearranged during the exam week for personal convenience.
Thank you for your continued support.
School Counseling - If you haven’t already had the opportunity, please complete our parent survey. Thank you for your feedback.
Graduation - Nonnewaug High School will hold the commencement ceremony for the Class of 2022 on June 18th at 10:30 am. Senior families, please see attached letter for details. Please reach out to Mr. Maclean or Mrs. Gutierrez with any questions you may have. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class of 2022 GradNite - GradNite is a community-sponsored event that is fast approaching, please note the following:
- GradNite will be held for the Class of 2022 on the night of graduation, June 18th (rain date of June 19th).
- All details regarding the night can be found on the permission slip
- Permission slips AND a waiver signed by the student’s parent must be completed (even if they are 18 years of age). In addition, the waiver will need to be completed online: Xtreme Play waiver
- Students are not allowed to drive themselves - Bus transportation from NHS to Danbury will be provided. Students must have an adult provide transportation to NHS or directly to Xtreme Play of CT in Danbury.
- Student collages - We are asking parents to turn in collages by June 10th -but will still accept them so get it to the main office ASAP. (Be sure the name is on the back)
- Fundraising for the night has occurred throughout the year - many raffle prizes will be given away. Seniors are encouraged to take advantage of earning the extra raffle tickets by turning in their paperwork by June 9th and taking selfies with GradNite posters around school and posting them on our Instagram. In addition, families making a donation to GradNite and participating in preparing for our event and/or volunteering to help will receive raffle tickets as well.
We are looking for a few things still :
- Volunteers to help
- Amazon Wish List
- List of raffle donation items
- Photographer to take pictures at our event
- Cases of water and individually wrapped snacks
- Business/personal donations (gift cards/monetary-checks to Region 14 or Venmo)
- Gift baskets of dorm essentials
If you have questions, please check out our website: NHSGradNite.com or contact Christine at NonnewaugGradNite@gmail.com
Nonnewaug Summer Academy - For students who have not passed one or more of their courses (earned a 60 or higher), the Nonnewaug Summer Academy will be available to earn two credits. We will utilize the online learning program, EdGenuity. Some courses are not available through EdGenuity and, therefore, will not be available to students during the summer. Please see the linked flier for dates, fees, and other important information.
We appreciate your support, and feel free to contact us with any questions. Have a great weekend!
Pam Sordi, Principal
Taryn Fernandez, Assistant Principal
Declan Curtin, Dean/Athletic Director