Region 14 Vision of a Learner
In support of our mission, we want the students in our Region 14 communities to be future ready. To ensure that all of our learners are prepared for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century, we have developed a common understanding of the skills and qualities that will help them to thrive in life. Our vision represents the core values that guide the work of our educators and students and aligns with the characteristics our community deemed necessary for our students to be positive contributors to society. Region 14’s Vision of a Learner will provide coherence across our schools from Pre-K through 12th grade and serve as a guide for instruction and decision making.
Region 14 students:
- THINK CRITICALLY AND CREATIVELY – They evaluate an issue or problem and develop a solution or opinion using multi-disciplinary thinking, originality and imagination.
- COLLABORATE AND COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY – They find effective ways to work together and express, listen to, and exchange ideas and information in many forms.
- DEMONSTRATE EMPATHY – They understand and respect the ideas, beliefs, and values of others to foster an inclusive environment.
- TAKE INITIATIVE – They take ownership of learning by inquiring, setting goals, taking action, and consistently reflecting.
- PERSEVERE – They persist through challenges to achieve goals and build resilience.
- ADAPT AND ADJUST – They remain flexible and open to new ideas, and they adjust to new situations.