It is a great pleasure to welcome you to Region 14 Schools, a school district committed to inspiring excellence in education. Regional School District 14 serves students from the towns of Bethlehem and Woodbury, CT. There are four schools in Region 14: Bethlehem Elementary (K-5), Mitchell Elementary (K-5), Woodbury Middle (6-8) and Nonnewaug High School (9-12).
Our mission is to ensure an engaging and positive learning environment where every student is valued as a respected contributing member of society, who graduates prepared to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. The focus on continuous improvement creates an environment of innovation, engagement, leadership and excellence at all levels of our educational organization. We have implemented multi-year improvement efforts focused on the following district priorities:
Strategic Priority #1:
If we identify the knowledge and skills needed for students to be college and career ready in the 21st century and develop a guaranteed, standards-based curriculum, then there will be clarity, consistency and equity to what all students will learn and what all faculty teach.
Strategic Priority #2:
If we foster leadership at every level of the organization through a focus on instructional improvement and student learning outcomes, then instructional leadership will be enhanced district-wide leading to innovative and engaging instruction and student learning.
Strategic Priority #3:
If we increase meaningful engagement with parents and community members, then a spirit of “one school community” and Region 14 pride will continue to develop.
Strategic Priority #4:
If we prioritize our needs based upon student outcomes, then we will make informed decisions when allocating resources in order to ensure safe and secure facilities equipped with technology enabling a 21st modern learning environment that mirrors our educational values.
With an outstanding team of administrators and faculty, we work in collaboration with families to engage in continuous improvement efforts that challenge and support our students. As we continue to make student learning the focus of all we do in Region 14, we celebrate and honor the strong relationships that have been established among and between the Board of Education, administration, faculty, parents and community members.
Together we will continue to INSPIRE EXCELLENCE in our school community!
Superintendent of Schools
Letters from the The Superintendent
- Canine Search at Nonnewaug High School May 31, 2018
- Dr. Anna's Letter to parents on her departure from Region 14 May 29, 2018
- Changes to administration at WMS and NHS, May 17, 2018
- Update on the status of Region 14 at the CSDE - May 1, 2018
- New Woodbury Middle School Principal - April 23, 2018
- FAQs on Procedures related to reports of harassment/bullying, special education and DCF reporting - April 12, 2018
- World Language Program at WMS and NHS - April 6, 2018
- Hearing at State BOE involving Region 14 famillies - April 6, 2018
- Interim Principal at WMS - March 5, 2018
- School Safety - February 15, 2018
- NHS Project Asbestos Abatement - February 20, 2018