REGION 14 IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
If you are interested in making a difference in the educational experience of amazing students and/or considering a career in education, substitute teaching can provide wonderful opportunities. Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute!
Region 14 has contracted with Kelly Educational Staffing to provide us with substitute teachers, substitute instructional support staff, and substitute paraprofessionals. Please contact them if you are interested in becoming a substitute for Region 14. Kelly Educational Staffing can be contacted by phone - (860) 674-1710 or by email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in substitute work for school nursing or custodial staff, please contact Wendy Rossi at (203) 405-8413 regarding the application process.
The district’s rates of pay for substitutes are as follows:
- Substitutes for Teaching Staff: $97.50 per day
- Substitutes for Para Professionals, Instructional Support, and Secretaries: $13.00 per hour with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
- Substitutes for School Nurses: $165.00 per day
- Substitutes for Custodians: $16.00 per hour
- After substitute teaching for the same teacher for more than ten (10) consecutive days, the long-term rate of pay is $230.00 per day. This rate reverts back to $97.50 per day after the long term assignment has concluded.
- Substitute teachers are required by Connecticut State Statute to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Secretarial, para professional, and instructional support substitutes require a high school diploma.
- A current State of Connecticut license is required for all Nurse substitutes.
- The State of Connecticut requires that all employees be fingerprinted within thirty days of notification of employment.
- Custodial and nurse substitutes are required to enroll in direct deposit as a condition of employment and are eligible to join our 403B plan. If you are interested in contributing to the plan, contact the Business Services Office at (203) 263-4330.