REGION 14 IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
If you are interested in making a difference in the educational experience of amazing students and/or considering a career in education, substitute teaching can provide wonderful opportunities. Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute!
Region 14 has contracted with Kelly Educational Staffing to provide us with substitute teachers, substitute instructional support staff and substitute paraprofessionals. Please contact them if you are interested in becoming a substitute for Region 14. Kelly Educational Staffing can be contacted by phone – (860) 674-1710 or by email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in substitute work for school nursing or custodial staff, please contact Wendy Rossi at (203) 405-8413 regarding the application process.
The district’s rates of pay for substitutes are as follows:
- Substitutes for Teaching Staff: $95.00 per day
- Substitutes for Para Professionals, Instructional Support and Secretaries: $12.50 per hour with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
- Substitutes for School Nurses: $165.00 per day
- Substitutes for Custodians: $16.00 per hour
- After substitute teaching for the same teacher for more than ten (10) consecutive days, the long-term rate of pay is $230.00 per day. This rate reverts back to $95.00 per day after the long term assignment has concluded.
Substitute teachers are required by Connecticut State Statute to hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution** This requirement has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. Now, only two years of college or the equivalent are required. **
- Secretarial, para professional, and instructional support substitutes require a high school diploma.
- A current State of Connecticut license is required for all Nurse substitutes.
- The State of Connecticut requires that all employees be fingerprinted within thirty days of notification of employment.
- Custodial and Nurse substitutes are required to enroll in Direct Deposit as a condition of employment and are eligible to join our 403B plan. If you are interested in contributing to the plan, contact the Business Office at (203) 263-4330.
Thank you, again, for your interest in Regional School District 14.
Please call Wendy Rossi at (203) 405-8413 with any questions pertaining to the application process.