REGION 14 IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
If you are interested in making a difference in the educational experience of amazing students and/or considering a career in education, substitute teaching can provide wonderful opportunities. Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute!
Region 14 has contracted with Kelly Educational Staffing to provide us with substitute teachers, substitute instructional support staff and substitute paraprofessionals. Please contact them if you are interested in becoming a substitute for Region 14. Kelly Educational Staffing can be contacted by phone – 203-288-3564 or 860-482-2178 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in substitute work for school nursing or custodial staff, please contact Natascha Schwartz at 203-263-4339 regarding the application process.
- The district’s rates of pay for substitutes are as follows:
- Substitutes for Teaching Staff: $85.00 per day
- Substitutes for Para Professionals, Instructional Support and Secretaries: $11.11 per hour with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
- Substitutes for School Nurses: $165.00 per day
- Substitutes for Custodians: $10.50 per hour
- After substitute teaching for the same teacher for more than ten (10) consecutive days, the long-term rate of pay is $246.70 per day. This rate reverts back to $85.00 per day after the long term assignment has concluded.
- Substitute teachers are required by Connecticut State Statute to hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Secretarial, para professional, and instructional support substitutes require a high school diploma.
- A current State of Connecticut license is required for all Nurse substitutes.
- The State of Connecticut requires that all employees be fingerprinted within thirty days of notification of employment.
- Custodial and Nurse substitutes are required to enroll in Direct Deposit as a condition of employment and are eligible to join our 403B plan. If you are interested in contributing to the plan, contact the Business Office at 203-263-4330.
Thank you, again, for your interest in Regional School District 14.
Please call Kim Culkin at 203-263-4330 with any questions pertaining to the application process.