Regional School District 14 is located in Litchfield County, Connecticut and serves students in the towns of Bethlehem and Woodbury. The district includes two Pre K – 5 elementary schools, one middle school for grades 6th through 8th and one high school for grades 9 through 12. The district also includes the Ellis Clark Regional Agriscience and Technology Program that enrolls students from both within Region 14 as well as neighboring towns. The district also includes an integrated special education preschool program.
The mission of Connecticut Region 14 Schools is to educate all students to their highest level of academic potential and to teach them the skills and knowledge to become capable, creative, collaborative lifelong learners and responsible members of the world community.
Our Region 14 Core Beliefs
- All students can learn, have unique gifts, and deserve the opportunity to pursue their individual learning potential.
- Our community benefits when all have a sense of ownership and responsibility in our schools.
- Learning and decision-making are built upon collaborative and supportive relationships.
- We must provide appropriate technologies and instruction that prepare for a changing world.
- Adaptation and growth are critical attributes of 21st century success and are everyone’s responsibility
- All students will graduate with the necessary knowledge and skills to be prepared for a successful future in a global society.
- Regional School District 14 will attract, develop and retain the highest quality teachers, administrators, and staff.
- Regional School District 14 will provide safe and secure facilities equipped with technology enabling a 21st century modern learning environment that mirrors our educational values.
District Improvement Plan
Annually, the Region 14 Board of Education adopts a series of goals designed to keep the school system on a path of continuous improvement. Goals are written in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and student achievement. They become the focus of our work during the year. Progress on each goal is measured at various times and this information is reported to the Board of Education. In addition to the District Improvement Plan, each school has its own plan that addresses the achievement needs of students attending that school.
Bethlehem is a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 3,422 at the 2000 census. The office is located at 36 Main St. South,
Woodbury is a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 9,975 at the 2010 census. Woodbury was founded in 1673. The office is located at 281 Main St. South.