Regional School District 14
STAR Preschool Volunteering
The STAR Preschool team would like to thank all of our preschool parents who have expressed an interest in volunteering this year in the classrooms. Not only is it important for you to be an active participant in your child’s preschool experience, you are also helping your child’s teacher with implementation of developmentally appropriate activities during center time throughout the year. An extra set of hands is always a welcomed treat!
Please take some time prior to your first volunteering visit to read the following information. There are some very important tips to consider while being a STAR Preschool volunteer.
- The most important item to remember is CONFIDENTIALITY. As a volunteer in your child’s classroom, you will have the opportunity to get to know our preschool staff as well as your child’s classmates. Please do not share information outside of school regarding children other than your own. This would include names of the classmates, individual child strengths or weaknesses, special services that may be received, individual behavioral programs that may be implemented, etc. Please provide the same privacy you would wish for your own child.
- Please be on time for scheduled volunteering visit(s). Your child’s classroom teacher will review the volunteering schedule with you. As mentioned previously, the teachers plan for your assistance. If you are unable to make your scheduled time, please call the preschool office to inform staff of your absence.
- Please adhere to the set schedule for volunteering that your child’s teacher has arranged for you. Center start and finish times should be followed to ensure overall consistency for the classroom.
- Your child’s teacher will review with you and the class what the expectations are of the task/activity you will be in charge of. Step by step instructions and all materials will be made available to you prior to the start of center time.
- If you ever have questions regarding volunteering, please do not hesitate to ask. We are here to address any concerns you may have. You can speak directly to your child’s teacher or call the STAR Preschool Office at 203-263-0202.
- Have fun and enjoy the time with your child and his/her classmates! The teachers can’t wait for your participation as we begin this month of November.
Thanks to all of our amazing Preschool parents and caregiversJ
The STAR Preschool Staff